We are now thirteen months into the current recession. Since World War II, none of the recessions that have hit the U.S. economy have lasted more than two years. Most have lasted 12 months. The new mega-injections of government “investments” championed by Obama are intended to “break the momentum” of a recession we’re probably more than half-way through suffering. The Congressional Budget Office crunched the numbers and concluded that a huge bulk of the federal spending orgy wouldn’t actually kick in until the recession is waning – if not already over.
Take a stand against Holder and the Obama-Pelosi false stimulus bill.
This plan is the old-style pork-barrel spending -- not stimulus:
• $6 billion for colleges/universities -- many which have billion-dollar endowments.
• $166 billion in direct aid to states -- many of which have failed to budget wisely.
• $50 million in funding for the National Endowment of the Arts.
• $44 million for repairs to U.S. Department of Agriculture headquarters.
• $200 million for the National Mall, including grass planting.
House Democrats’ plan will cost each household $6,700 in debt, which will be paid for by our children and grandchildren. Create or save 3 million jobs -- which means this plan will spend $275,000 per job.
It is crucial to recall the reality that lies behind the rhetoric. The media is still cocooned in a warm comfort zone of infatuation with America’s answer to god himself. We should be long past applauding politicians of any color. They got us into this mess. The best deserve a probationary opportunity to prove themselves, the worst should be in jail.