Monday, February 9, 2009

Prime Time


Apparently, according to Barry, if we don't pass this stimulus package, America will cease to exist. Literally. It doesn't get much uglier than that. If we do not pass this stimulus package, the results will be an economy from which America 'may never recover'.

Now me? Personally? I don't think it'll get that bad. America, as have all nations through out history, will survive this recession. In fact, there are signs that the recovery has already started and the package hasn't even been passed yet. America, like ALL nations, will recover from an economic down turn.

Frankly, I think the guy would be better served if he'd just shut the heck up and let America deal with this situation. After all, no government has ever been the engine of the economy. No government has EVER created prosperity. That's our job. Just get out of the way and let us do it.

And lets be honest here- part of this is the old political game of lowering expectations so it’s easier to claim success.

Obama needs a full hour during prime time to sell his stimulus. We can bet this hour will be used to instill fear. Will he slam Bush and the Republicans again? Probably, he's been using the Bush excuse since 2004. My guess, he doesn't want us to watch Hannity.

I'll probably watch Spongebob.

"I thought we were going to have change, and that change meant we work together. This is a setback. This is a setback to all Americans because you promised Americans we’d work in a more bipartisan fashion, and that certainly is not the case in this bill. I know we’re in trouble. I know America needs a stimulus, we need tax cuts, we need to spend money on infrastructure and other programs that will put people to work. But this is not it,” -John McCain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in reading your sources that say our economy is actually okay and that we'll recover from the recession soon. I'd also like to see Republican ideas to create jobs, fix climate change, education, healthcare, social security, and housing. (Protip: FOX news, McCain campaign literature, and the New York Post don't count.)

    I think it's pretty funny and hypocritical that Republicans are suddenly calling out the president for fearmongering. The right had no problem at all with Bush's fearmongering after 9/11 and leading up to the Iraq war. Even when it was proven in 2004 that he had lied, that Iraq had no weapons, and had never posed a threat, and that it didn't even have ties to the guys who pulled off 9/11, you people still voted for another four years of failed foreign policy, mounting debt, and environmental abuse.

    I'd also like to see you step off of your pedestal and respond to my researched and detailed defense of the stimulus package and my attack on the conservative stance that I've posted.

    ReplyDelete